Pompeii: discovering the Sanctuary of Isis with Egitto -Pompei app
The greatest outdoor museum of the world enters into the digital age. After the launch of Facebook pages, Twitter and Instagram profile, a new app dedicated to the exhibition event "Egypt Pompeii" is now available for visitors. For the exhibition, started April 20 and running till 2 november 2016, curated by Massimo Osanna and Marco Fabbri with Simon Connor, the recently restored areas of the Large Gymnasium will provide a backdrop for monumental statues of the New Kingdom (16th-11th century BC), the height of splendour of Egyptian civilisation.
The app proposes:
- a tour of the exhibition with 14 listening points
- the ‘find’ function to look for the listening points which interest you
- the 'Phototaking' function to make and share your photos.
- about an hour of audio contents in italian
- additional activities : coloring , puzzles , memory. No limit to the fun and fantasy !
The APP will take visitors on a fascinating journey of discovery of the Temple of Isis, one of the most well-conserved buildings in Pompeii. The route also leads around numerous houses decorated with motifs inspired by Egypt, such as the House of the Pygmies, which will open to the public for the first time following restoration work.